Initiative 1: CEO Roundtable
July 29, 2020
- To identify CEO decision making best practices in developing sustainability centric businesses (climate change and beyond)
- To identify key CEO challenges in convincing shareholders, employees and other stakeholders on sustainability ROI (climate change and beyond)
- To identify best practices in CEO level engagement with ESG fund managers
Round Table Composition
The Roundtable commenced with a brief introduction by the Chair to the purpose of the discussion and the outputs we aim to deliver. The moderator, Professor Graham Kendall of Nottingham University Malaysia, led a semi-structured discussion over a period of 90 minutes on what the successes and challenges that the CEOs have experienced in incorporating Sustainability into the day to day operation of their companies in the last few years.
Discussion poins during the Roundtable were:
- How does sustainability fit into the business strategy?
- What are the key challenges faced in implementing sustainability strategies / practices?
- Is sustainability raised as a board-level issue with a sustainablity-focused board member?
Nottingham University Business School
A paper is currently being written by Nottingham University Business School on the insights gathered from the roundtable. This paper will be published on this page, so check back soon!